Tuesday, 17 May 2016

April Roundup


April, where'd you go? 

Looks like May is heading in the same direction at top notch speed. We're all going to be old and wrinkly if time carries on at this speed.


I say that the month passed really quick - that's what happens when you're going to book events on the rooftop of a trendy publishing house, and floating around the Natural History Museum while drunk on bubbles - but in other ways it was a dragging month for my writing. Progress has been s-l-o-w not that I'm complaining as stories will be done when their done. Another chapter, redrafted. A short story, taking shape.

Anyway, I managed to read a few books too....

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper - Phaedra Patrick 
Fans of 100 Year Old Man, and A Man Called Ove will love this book. It is a sweet and charming novel about Arthur Pepper who sets out on a journey to find out more about his wife but ends up discovering more about himself. You can read my review herePhaedra also stopped by and took part in the Imaginary Bookshop series

The Versions of Us - Laura Barnett
I'm a big fan of the 'what if' question and could spend too long imagining different timelines for different people. This book reminded me of One Day as we following the lives of couple and their possible futures. This book is enjoyable, and gripping.

The Art of Creative Thinking - Rod Judkins
This is a great book if you're in need of some creative thinking and I think people who believe they are not creative would also benefit from this book too (I believe that everyone has a bit of creativity in them). Turn that soggy idea into a great one!

The Mirror World of Melody Black - Gavin Extence
This is a gripping book about the struggles people face when suffering from mental health conditions. This is an insightful novel with lots of humour. You can read my review here.

No comments: