Tuesday, 19 January 2016

I've Come So Far...

... with redrafting (I originally typed 'refarting') the novel from being a complete wreck to now only being a half wreck.

I'm just over half way through redrafting and each chapter is either shrinking or growing depending on its original state. Most of the novel was written during Novel Writing Month back in 2013 so the basic details are there but mostly the red pen has been out cutting away those extra words I used to boost the word count.

I thought I would print out the rest of the chapters which need my attention.


I know what you're thinking - that doesn't look like a big pile of papers - what is she moaning about?! Well folks, it is all in single spaced layout. There are 18 chapters left to whip into shape...so I'm going to be busy for a while. I'm not one of those people who gives up on projects so it will get done and I'm hoping that this will be the year especially as this time last year I was thinking of packing away all of my writing stuff and hiding it in the attic.

As well as working on the last half of the novel I am also reworking the first three chapters and also I'm doing something I really dread...writing a synopsis...uh...I hate writing them. I would rather do anything else to avoid writing them but I need to suck it up and get it done!

6 comments:

Teresa Stenson said...

Well done and good luck to you, Jessica. Hate writing synopsises (sounds odd) too, though I've only done a few and all for prospective novels rather than completed ones. Refarted made me laugh. Happy editing.

Rebecca Reynolds said...

Keep going Jessica!

Rebecca Reynolds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ray Morgan said...

Keep going!! I'm about to start re-farting mine ;-) Good luck!!!

Nik Perring said...

Fab!

Jessica said...

Thanks everyone - this will be the year that I finish this redraft!!