Friday, 1 January 2016

Best Reads for 2015

I have been wanting 2015 to end since February so I'm glad we've officially made it. So yeah, it was my fault that this year went quickly.

So writing wise, I didn't finish redrafting my novel but real life got in the way but this year will be the year I finish redrafting and think about what to do next with my novel. I have an idea for a another new novel so I will researching and maybe even writing so of that but firstly I really need to finish redrafting. Only another twenty chapters to go...

So reading wise, I managed to write reviews for every book I read in 2015 either with a small review in my monthly roundup or with a full review. I'm hoping to keep up this habit in 2016.

Here are my top reads from 2015

The best books of 2015

All My Puny Sorrows - Miriam Toews
A book about suicide and sisters but trust me it isn't as depressing as you think. You can read my mini review here.

Big Magic - Elizabeth Gilbert
If you looking to be more creative in 2016 or even start to explore your creative side then this book is for you. You can read my review here.

Adult Onset - Ann-Marie MacDonald
This tells of an intense week for the narrator, Mary Rose as she looks after her two children while her wife is away with work. The cracks are starting to show as the past start to seep into the present. This is fantastic book and you can read my review here.

Animals - Emma Jane Unsworth
I saw Emma perform at a Faber Social evening in the summer and immediately went to the bookshop at the train station and bought her novel. I love the voice of the characters. You can read my mini review here.

Dept of Speculation - Jenny Offill
It is very rare for me to finish a book in one sitting and then turn back to the first page and started again. This book tells the story of a relationship between a man and woman in fragments - the highs and the lows and the lower lows. I'm planning on re-reading it for the third time very soon as its bloody brilliant. You can read my quick review here.

2016 will definitely be better than 2015.

No comments: