Sunday, 6 December 2015

November's Reading

Shopaholic is not pictured
This blog has had a mini-make over. Nothing too serious just a new banner and also an option to subscribe via email so you can have my little posts land straight in your inbox. Don't forget you can subscribe via Amazon Kindle... there's no escaping me!

Right, lets get down to business before December is over and I'll need to blog about two month's worth of reading.

The books are posing next to my favourite cushion....

Shopaholic to the Rescue - Sophie Kinsella
This was like meeting back up with an old friend, where its awkward at the beginning because you both know you should have made the effort to stay in touch (aka read the rest of the series) but by the end you're chatting away with no cares in the world. You can read my review here.

All My Puny Sorrows - Miriam Toews
This. Book. Is. Amazing! buy it and read it. This is about two sisters. One sister wants to die. The other sister wants her to live. Sucicide and complicated families may seem like a depressing read but it's not - there are lots of funny bits in this book too. Just brilliant. I could quote all day long from this book but I won't because you should definitely read it - or have I said that already?!

Blood Axe - Leigh Russell
An entertaining read of dead bodies, axe murderers, blood, blood, blood. I'll be writing a review of Blood Axe in the next week. Leigh also popped by and took part in the Imaginary Bookshop series.

Beautiful Trees - Nik Perring
Nik's latest book follows on from last year's Beautiful Words. The story will pull at your heart strings so you might want to have a tissue or two next to you when you read this one. I'll be reviewing this in the next week or so.

1 comment: