Sunday, 12 April 2015

Reading Round Up: March

The A-Z of You and Me isn't pictured
March was the month I may have read my book of the year, and also read books located in America, Haiti, New York and good old England.

Matt Sumell's debut novel, Making Nice, tells the story of Alby and his spiral of decline since the death of this mother. This book very much reminded me of Girls except with a male protagonist. I'll be reviewing this in more detail over the next few weeks.

God Loves Haiti by Dimitry Elias Leger tells the story of a love triangle, before and after the Haitian earthquake. Ledger's novel looks at the after effects of the earthquake on the people of Haiti, and they way they try to find ways of coping and surviving. I'll also be reviewing this soon too!

The A-Z of You and Me by James Hannah was the second book for the Curtis Brown Book Club. I really enjoyed the rhythm and pace of this book, and at times found my self re-reading parts aloud so I could hear the rhythm. You can read my review here.

Jenny Offill's Dept. of Speculation is one of those books that comes along just at the right time in your life. This is an amazing book, and I know I'll be going back to this book for a re-read very soon. If you like Charles Lambert's With a Zero at its Heart then you will absolutely love this!

No comments: