Sunday, 15 March 2015

February

Only three books were read in February but hey, February is a very short month!
My Heart & Other Black Holes isn't picture

The Room - Jonas Karlsson
I won a copy of this via a competition. Bjorn, an office worker, finds a room that nobody else floor can see. This is a quick read and anyone who has felt disillusioned with the world or questioned the nature of reality then they would definitely like this book.

My Heart & Other Black Holes - Jasmine Warga
You can read my review here.

The Pearl That Broke Its Shell - Nadia Hashimi
You can read my review here.

Two authors come over to take part in the Imaginary Bookshop Q&A both had some great answers! Jasmine Warga's ideal bookshop would serve cocktails and ice cream cake. Nadia Hashimi also popped over to talk about her ideal bookshop with cozy rooms for readings and book clubs.

Writing
Redrafting my novel has progressed but I am currently working on a few flash fiction pieces. Some are very short, so I might put them together and create a sequence of flash pieces.

No comments: