Thursday, 19 June 2014

Guest Post: Steve Stack's Imaginary Bookshop


Today we have our latest victim, I mean author, taking part in the Imaginary Bookshop series. Steve Stack's 21st Century Dodos is finally out in paperback along with additional dodos from readers. 21st Century Dodos looks at technology and inanimate objects that have become extinct. This is a funny book and you'll be reminiscing in no time! You can read my review here.

Steve Stack aka Scott Pack also stopped by back when the hardback come out so you may want to also have a read of this post too.

*

Congratulations Steve on the paperback publication of 21st Century Dodos. I really enjoyed the hardback version and I even bought it as a Christmas present for many people. I know they have enjoyed it too! Thanks for popping by and taking part in the Imaginary Bookshop series.


What would be the name of your imaginary bookshop?
All The Books I Love (and some I hate)

Where would your imaginary bookshop be located?
As close to my house as humanly possible.

Would your bookshop have any special features? E.g. a performing stage, a cocktail bar, etc.
It would have tea-making facilities. But no coffee. I hate coffee. There would also be cake. Obviously.

What would make your bookshop different from all of the other ones?
I would only stock books I am passionate about except for a very tiny section containing books that I can’t stand. This would have such wastes of time and paper as Midnight’s Children, London Fields and Mrs Dalloway.

What sections would you have in your bookshop? And what sections would you ditch?
I wouldn’t really have formal sections, I think I’d be a bit more random. Keep moving things round a bit.

Every bookshop needs a display table. Which books would you have on your display table? Why?
I suspect I would keep the display table for cakes.

If you could run only one author event who would you have? You can pick a living or dead writer. What sort of event would they run?
I would have Homer come in to perform his complete works. Extra teabags may be required to keep everyone going.

A customer comes up to your till with a copy of your book, 21st Century Dodos, and asks you to give them a reason on why they should buy it. What would you say?
I would show them a photo of my children and point out that their getting fed that evening depends on the successful sale of my book.

What sort of cake would you offer when launching your book in your bookshop?
All the cake.


You can buy 21st Century Dodos from here.

No comments: