Tuesday, 1 April 2014

I Am Growing A Writer's Beard...

I have been growing a writer's beard.
Oh, hold on.
I've missed April's Fools day, haven't I?

The following is a true story!

My redrafting of the novel (I have just finished chapter five) and also reading and stitching all came to a stop last week. I had to wear an eye patch and talk in pirate-speak. I had a slight accident - I scratched the surface of my eye. With my own finger. You're either squirming or laughing. Don't worry, I think it's quite funny too. I am accident prone and need to be wrapped in cotton wool and kept out of harm's way. My excuse: I did it while half sleeping, half waking up after a nightmare, about drowning in the ocean and still being strapped into my seat in a plane. So the moral of this story: don't binge on the news or you will have nightmares, don't scratch your eye and I need a cotton wool suit.

Anyway, I'm back in the game. I have read an fantastic book, Beautiful Words, by Nik Perring, which I will be reviewing for The View From Here. I am also reading another great book, A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki. I love it when I read several great books in a row.

Plus, I'm limbering up to redraft chapter six.

Don't forget to pop back on Friday as Nik Perring will be the latest author to take part in the Imaginary Bookshop series.

No comments: