Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Writing competitions and opportunities

Writing competitions and opportunities are like buses - no deadlines for ages and then all of a sudden there are several that you want to enter. Here are a few great ones coming up over the next few months:

Summer competition with Authonomy
Authonomy, the writing community run by Harpercollins are offering the chance to for one lucky author to win a set of prizes to help them self-publish their book with a bit razzle and dazzle! You can win an editorial review, a professional book cover, a book trailer and an ePressKit. All you have to do is post the opening lines of your book on this blog post. You can also find out more details on the Authonomy website.

Mslexia Novel Competition
Win £5000 with Mslexia. If you're a woman and have a novel waiting in the wings then send it off to Mslexia. 

The Bath Novel Award
This competition for novels offers a cash prize and a top notch literary agent as the shortlist judge. There is still six months left to enter this competition

I would love to enter all of these competitions but I am a member of the slow novel writing club - I only have 22k of words. The another novel buried on my hard drive isn't coming out for these competitions. 

Maybe it's time to pull my finger out and set one of these as my target for finishing my book... 

2 comments:

Kate Wilson said...

You could though, enter this one: http://www.literatureworks.org.uk/News/We-re-accepting-submissions

Jessica said...

Hi Kate - Thanks for the link :) I am definitely going to enter!