Sunday, 4 August 2013

Swimming In Book Vouchers

I have some good news!

Last month Waterstones (UK bookseller) ran a competition alongside their 'The Book That Made Me' promotion. They asked bloggers to talk about the book that made them. I picked Roald Dahl's Revolting Rhymes.

My little blog post only went and won it! Here's the announcement > Click Me

The prize is a big tasty book voucher so I'm looking forward to spending it and trying to find homes for all of the new books! I already have a little list but I'm open to suggestions. So, if you have read a great book recently then please let me know!

I will be back soon with a book review or two. I am currently struggling to get back into write as I have not written any 'creative' words for over three weeks. Chapter ten is being a complete bitch - it won't play nicely. I might need to scrap the idea for chapter ten.

I am definitely a member of the slow-writers club. How do people bash out a novel in six months? How do you do keep going with the writing when you've had a long break? Or more importantly, find time to write when you have a full time job? Answers on a postcard.

No comments: