Monday, 1 October 2012

The Arrival Lounge

Books, Books, Books

This is my current 'to-read-for-review' pile on my desk.

On the Kindle, I have Mike French's Blue Friday, which I finished reading at the weekend and will write a review as soon as I stop looking at new quirky floor lamps on ebay.

The lovely folk at The Friday Project sent me The Evolution of Inanimate Objects by Harry Karlinsky. The hardback version is the perfect size as it fits into my handbag. If only they started making all hardbacks in friendly-handbag sizes then I think people would definitely start buying hardbacks again!

James Smythe's The Explorer was an unexpected surprise and was waiting for me when I got back from my honeymoon.

I will be reviewing Buddhaland Brooklyn by Richard C. Morais for The View From Here Magazine.

And Beautiful Lies by Clare Clark, which has a gorgeous front cover.

BUT

I need to finish J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy. Yes, I followed the hype. My first impression - does J.K. have her own brand of paper? The Casual Vacancy smells just like a Harry Potter book. mmmm book glue. The smell also reminds me of bookselling and those midnight openings for the new Harry Potter.


No comments: