Thursday, 5 April 2012

Reading Habits

The other day Alex Thornber posted a picture of his to-read pile on his blog. And when I say pile, I mean drawer. I have never considered using drawers for books. I think it's because I have too much stuffed into them already - leads for broken gadgets, paperclips, address books, undies, receipts and random toys from crackers.

This is my current to-read pile, on my desk and in no particular order.

My pile doesn't look too monstrous. But I do have books that need reading shelved on my bookshelves and there are around ten on my Kindle too. I keep the pile small so it feels okay to buy more.

I tend to read books that need reviewing as soon as possible or after my current read. But other than that I just pick from random. The other day I added Hunger Games and Bed to the pile and took Hunger Games straight off  and put it by my bed (the place for current-reading books). I know there are 'rules' about reading books that are now films/TV shows - the number one rule is read the book before the film. If you do then you are a real fan. Well, I broke the rule. I saw the film the other week and now I am reading the book. I jumped on the bandwagon and I'm pleased that I did. The story is engrossing and I love the main character, Katniss.

Last night, while planting my tomato seeds, I listened along to the Vintage Books March podcast. It is definitely worth a listen as my lovely friend, Kerry Hudson reads an extract from her forthcoming book, Tony Hogan Bought Me An Ice Cream Float Before He Stole My Ma. I can't wait to get my mitts on a copy. You can listen to the podcast here.

I saw this Waterstones poster the other month:

No comments: