Sunday, 25 September 2011

I Really Should be Writing but...Call Centres

Cancelling my dongle internet has turned into a complicated operation. It has taken me over five days to actually get an answer from their call centre. I have tried in the evenings, in the mornings and lunchtimes. All Precious writing time.

I finally got through and this is want happened:


ME: I would like to cancel my mobile broadband, please.
Phone drone: Would you like an iPad for 16 pounds each month plus 400 pounds for the ipad?
ME: No thank you. I would like to cancel my mobile broadband.
Phone drone: We have looked at your usage and we can offer you a discount – how about 8 pounds each month?
ME: No thank you. I would like to cancel my mobile broadband.
Phone drone: why?
ME: I now have normal broadband.
Phone drone: What if you want to go outside with your laptop?
ME: I have my phone.
Phone drone: What if it breaks. You will have no internet. You will be stuck with no internet.
ME: That’s fine. I would like to cancel my mobile broadband.
Phone drone: But you. Will. Not. Have. Any. Internet.
ME: I can cope.
Phone drone: We can transfer your account to someone else and you can pay for the internet for them.
ME: No thank you.
Phone drone: Do you want a new dongle?
ME: No thank you. I would like to cancel my mobile broadband.
Phone drone: Do you want pay and go mobile broadband.
ME: I NEED to cancel my broadband and my account.
Phone drone: So, you want a full cancellation?
ME: YES!
Phone drone: Oh. *puts me on hold, again* Okay, the contract finishes on 23rd October and we’ll send you the final bill. *hangs up*

3 comments:

essygie said...

snort :-)

Kieran said...

They don't make life easy do they!

Jessica said...

Yeah we just need to sort out BT!