Thursday, 22 April 2010

Dear Chapter 19, or 18, Sorry, I Can't Remember

Dear Chapter 18/19

Deepest apologies for not spending much time on you over the past week. Three pages of edits isn't good enough.

However, I have been busy. Monday was London Book Fair and I was so tired after work that I went to bed early. I did get several new pens and I promise to use some on your pages. Tuesday, as you remember, I worked on you for a while. Crossing out sections, adding new chunks, making characters more menacing and making others stronger. I didn't do much because I watched an episode of West Wing (I'm years behind). Last night, we shared some time together and got another couple of pages written but again you were sandwiched between West Wing and bedtime reading. Tonight, I am going to the cinema to see 'The Ghost.' Its about a writer, so I guess that is allowed, right? I will try to edit you some more afterwards but I can't promise.

I guess I am having 'Editing Fatigue.' I  edited and redrafted two chapters last weekend. I'm not looking for the sympathy vote just for you to understand that I have my reasons for you to still be sitting on my clipboard, probably tucked away under a pile or slung under the bed.

I have also been doing some crafty hobbies too and reading. Chapter 18/19, don't laugh but I am reading some chick-lit. Sometimes it's nice to have a break. Plus over the past week I have won a book, got my mitts on a proof and have a nice shiny pile of books.

I promise to type up my notes at the the weekend. Even if I have to do it early one morning or late into the evening.

With love,
ME X

3 comments:

Ray said...

You'll be forgiven, it's okay. Honesty is the best policy in any relationship!

Jessie Carty said...

i'm having a bit of writing burn out as well. I am regrouping right now, literally, as I try to reorganize my poems to see if I have a viable 2nd book or if I need to just relax and write some more poems.

it never ends!

Jessica said...

I think the chapter forgave me. So now its time for chapter 20...