Monday, 22 March 2010

Progress Report

I am now technically half-way with editing the first draft – lets just say I have definitely cut 10 percent off the word count. What happens if the word count is too low? My boyfriend said. I don’t know. I really don’t know.

The chapters alternate between two female characters – I have now decided to put one in first person because I want the reader to know her opinions, see the world from her eyes. Also, give her a unique voice in doing so. I don’t want the character to have the same voice as the other character or even sound like me.

I haven’t written any new stories at the moment but I did edit two chapters over the weekend – which counts though don’t it? I also slashed out the beginning of chapter 13 – something that took six pages to explain (!) is now one paragraph. Bish. Bash. Bosh.

2 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

i like your idea of changing the POV to really push that these are two different characters with too different voices. a lot of work but a really great idea :)

green ink said...

Sounds like you are working hard, but it will all be worth it! Keep plugging away! :)