Saturday, 2 January 2010

Living in the Future

WOW - It's 2010. I feel like I'm living in a science fiction novel. By now we should have a moon base, be mining on Mars and building a portal to take us on cruises to the other side of the galaxy. But we don't - maybe in 2050, maybe?

I'm going to be honest - the only writing I have done has been on a short story. I currently have a horrid cold, burnt my wrist on the oven and been playing with my Christmas presents. I got a digital photo frame, a funky new handbag, a book called 'Line by Line' (how to edit writing) and a watch. Plus I got the customary smellies and odd ball presents.

2009 was a great writing year. I finished the first draft of my novel. Plus I wrote a lot of short stories too. I also had the biggest publication rate in 2009 too.

Some resolutions for this year:

  • Edit and redraft novel 
  • Pass my driving test 
  • Try and write at least one short story every month
Now, I'm off to hug a box of tissues. 

2 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

lots of good goals in there :)
keep at it!

Jessica said...

I am target at the moment - I am hoping to lose some weight too!