Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Coming out of Hibernation

I’m back from my hibernation – I am starting to feel much better. So much better that I submitted a story about the snow. I did worry that the story may not be ‘seasonal’ anymore but thanks to the cold temps we have snow again! Fingers crossed that the editor likes the story. I have also started another short story but I think this one is going to be different – more experimental – my favourite way of writing.


I have also been watching Joss Whedon’s ‘Dollhouse.’ There have been mixed reviews about this but I didn’t let those bother me. I enjoyed Buffy and Firefly so I took a chance. I really enjoyed it. It’s much better than the new series of Heroes and definitely better than Defying Gravity. Dollhouse is about a corporation which program individuals referred to as Actives (or Dolls) with temporary personalities and skills. They are used as lovers, spies, killers. Science fiction set in the here and now.


Progress on the novel – still sitting on my desk. I am thinking of starting the editing process at the end of February.

2 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

we were going to start watching Dollhouse but then it got cancelled but i guess it got picked up didn't it?

Jessica said...

I think they only made two series - season has only just came out in the UK.