Wednesday, 16 December 2009

I Wish My Macbook Had A Drum Roll....

I have finished the first draft of my novel. *Jumps in air* My fourth attempt and I have finally did it. The first one reached 10k, the second reached 19k, the third one reached 14k. This one is 82,390. This equals 292 pages double spaced! I think I might need some more ink for my printer.
The plan is to print off the whole manuscript and then hide it for a few months. I am going to keep myself in the writing mood by finally finishing some stories, writing new ones, getting back into 'morning pages' or as I like to call them 'before bedtime pages.' I am hoping that by doing some 'free' writing will release some locked away ideas. I'm also going to read some writing reference books and do some crafty things too.

WOW - I actually did it!

First draft word count - 82,390

10 comments:

Bob Jacobs said...

Big Congratulations :-)

katiemccullough said...

BIG MEGA HUMUNGOUS CONGRATULATIONS JESS! Must feel great and what an accomplishment, I bow down to you :)

Kx.

Kerry said...

Fabulous - onward and upward now!!

Sophie Playle said...

Nice one! Got any tips? ;)

Ray said...

Well done!!!! :o) Perfect - you can relax now over christmas x

Teresa Stenson said...

drrrrrrdrrrrrrrrrdrrrrrrrrrrrrr-
pow!

(Unsuccessful drumroll...)

WELL DONE! That's like, amazing. Really is. I like your plan to leave it and indulge in all those other writing/creative pursuits.

emma said...

Woop! Congratulations! I bet you feel brilliant. I take my hat off to you. xx

Jessica said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments :)


Sophie, I am write a post about that exact thing!

Jessie Carty said...

woo hoo! i know that feels good! the really big documents i take and shell out the $20 or $30 to print at the store. Just saves me trouble and then later i re-use the paper and print on the back of it for other drafts :)

Jessica said...

Thanks for the tip Jessie :)