Friday, 6 November 2009

Wordcount

This week has been full of literary delights.
WordPLAY on Tuesday, reading a great book at the moment and also a few exciting things in the pipeline. This includes me doing Pay It Forward in the next week or so. Basically three people will get a present from me and then they will do the same. But more on that in a future post. Also there will be a guest post in December. More details in a future post too!

Actually writing this week has been good but not as much as usual. I wanted to do some last night but a headache saw that session cancelled.

Over all word count for the novel - 67,569.
I am now three quarters of the way!

I also like this post on Angry Robot Book's website - Its about National Novel Writing Month. I especially like the paragraph saying that even 500 words a day is good enough. You are a writer even if you don't complete the task. And writing in one month only does not make you a GOOD writer. Practice does. I like Novel writing month just for the motivation but I tried once when I was a student and failed. Now there is a full time job, other complications - I like the pace I'm writing this novel.

You can read the article here.

2 comments:

L'Aussie said...

To be a writer you have to write - so no matter how many words a day that is, it's all good. Nano is good for learning discipline - woh, I've got over 20,000 words and it's good to be in a routine.

Jessica said...

Wow 20,000 words is great!
Thanks for visiting my blog
Jessica
:)