Wednesday, 9 September 2009

Wordcount Wednesday

Word count Wednesday is back from holiday with a few extras - a chest, ear and throat infection, again.

The writing has not stopped. I did quite a lot on holiday. I finished chapter 10a, started 11a and also finished a short story. I am nearly half way with the novel and that means it will be time to start planning the alternative chapters - I had some ideas when I first started and I have been reading over them today. I also found a page from my notebook with the first line. October 2008. At the time I did not realise it would lead to a novel. I was still mourning over another novel attempt. I remember taking things slowly and I did not finish chapter one until mid January. Four thousand words in three months. But things are moving faster. Because I had a holiday last week - I have written over eight thousand in two weeks.

Overall writing count - 46,809.

Over the next week I hope to finish chapter 11a. Plan the final chapter, 12a and decide now the novel will end for this character.

2 comments:

Teresa Stenson said...

Sounds really good, Jessica. Hope you feel better soon.

How productive you were on holiday, too - do you think you were inspired by the festival, being around all the creativity and book-stuff?

Jessica said...

Thanks Teresa :)

I think being away from the pressures of work and housey things was great.

How is your writing coming along?

Jess