Sunday, 23 August 2009

Happy Birthday

I have been writing this blog for a year!
Cakes are on the table and party games start in five minutes. Please can you leave presents in the living room before coming through for the puppet show.

To celebrate this occasion - this is a scheduled post - Back to the Future style. Lets hope you're reading this on the 23rd August rather than 13th!



Last August, I thought this blog would last for a few months at the most (like my EBay blog) but I carried on, being inspired by other writers and needing a place to write about my writing to get the whirlwind of ideas out my head.
This time last year I was still trying to write my second attempt at a novel (MA project) but it was going nowhere and made me want to stop writing. How these things change in a year. Several pieces published and over 35000 words into a novel that I like writing and thinking about.

And I thought this blogging business was all a phase....

8 comments:

katiemccullough said...

Hooray! Achieved so much in the face of adversity... nice one Lady!

Happles Birthdoir to your blog.

Where's the cake?

Kx.

Kerry said...

Hey congratulations!! That cake looks bloody lovely too :) You have had a roller coaster year but it's been mainly ups for a while no? xx

emma said...

Congratulations! Now I really fancy a cake. x

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

Congratulations. Happy to have met you.

Selina Kingston said...

Congratulations! I've just posted too about blogging for a year so how bizarre that I have just come across yours saying the same thing. Trust your blogging phase continues for a while yet - I look forward to stopping by again.
Selina

Jessica said...

HI Katie, Kerry, Emma, Tessa and Selina - Thanks for stopping by for some virtual cake. I treated myself to some fizzy pop as a treat :)

emily josephine mcphillips said...

happy belated blog birthday.x

NPT said...

congrats........Go ahead........