Thursday, 9 July 2009

Wordcount Wednesday

This week's look at the word count is a day late, not because I wanted to up the word count and show off with another billion words written but because I have been ill. That is not the only excuse. Yesterday the urge to write a short story took over and I went for it. 1500 words later and I just need to add a few more details. Usually I sit down, plan the structure, maybe write some longhand. Not this time. My fingers thudded the keyboard most of the day. Its a comedy story set on graduation day. Sometimes you need a bit of comedy to cheer up one's self up on a sick day.

I have written 2,224 words this week for the novel.
Total - 25,806.

I have also organised the files on my Macbook too. Each chapter has its only folder. All that's left to do is merge the several documents I have for each chapter.

Sometimes getting post is more exciting than emails (especially the rejecting type). This week my tickets for Edinburgh Book Festival arrived and the latest Mslexia. Heaven.

No comments: