Wednesday, 12 December 2012

An Update In Bullet Points

There hasn't been much time for writing recently, well not in epic portions. I have been trying to write 2-3 times a week, aiming for 200 words each time. Most times I have been able to make it. But for the past few weeks real life has been hectic and so I haven't had much chance to write. So here's an update in bullet points.

  • I have been working on a short story (I talked about it here) and I have realised that it's actually a much bigger idea than I first thought. It's only 1000 words long at the moment and I might be redrafting them as I think the protagonist should be a woman. I also have pages of notes in my notebook and my Mac. I think this is definitely going to be bigger than a short story. The idea came from a newspaper article that appeared a few years ago, which I printed off and kept in my drawer for a rainy day. Then I found it, read it and started to think about it more and more over the past few months.




  • I hope you have been enjoying the Q&A Imaginary Bookshop. I just love reading about writers and their ideas about bookshops. I have a great one for January from one of my favourite authors, Andrew Kaufman.  
  • There are lots of blogs and newspapers already posting their 'books of the year' but I am going to hold out until January because there's still a chance I could read a fantastic book between now and the end of the year.
  • The lovely Claire over at You, Me and the Story has tagged me for 'The Next Big Thing' but I'm not sure if I am the next big thing - I have buried my novel in the bowels of my Macbook and my next project is in bullet point form at the moment. I think I am going to wait and fill it out once my writing project grows a bit bigger...

1 comment:

michelle flatley said...

The story that might be something bigger really intrigued me, Jessica. My own book started life as a short story. Sounds really interesting and it will be fascinating to see it grow into something special. I agree that finding the time to write at this time of year is always difficult, but don't let that story escape!